El Kaiser and J.D. discuss life after the Bird-Themed Microblogging-Service-Turned-24th-Letter-Of-The-Alphabet platform, as well as reviews of the new biography of said platform’s owner. Also in the news: A big cyberattack in Las Vegas, cable spats and a possible preview of interoperability in messaging platforms. All this and more as we prepare for Audio Interface October here on PTJ 372!
• MGM Resorts Suffers Cybersecurity Attack, System Outage Reported (Casino.org)
• Elon Musk Wants to Save Humanity. The Only Problem: People.
(The New York Times)
• Let’s put a stake in the ‘great man’ biography — starting with Isaacson’s ‘Elon Musk’ (The Los Angeles Times)
• Twitter appears to throttle New York Times (Semafor)
• 4 years after launch, Nintendo is ending Mario Kart Tour content (VideoGamesChronicle)
• Disney, Charter Settle Cable Dispute Hours Before Debut of ESPN’s ‘Monday Night Football’ (Variety)
• WhatsApp lays the foundation for supporting messages from other chat apps (9to5Google)
• Amazon to require some authors to disclose the use of AI material (APNews)
• Apple Fall 2023 Event on September 12 (Apple)